Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Week 2 of the Living and Active Challenge

 Week 2 of the Living and Active Challenge


 This is going to be a crazy few weeks with lots of activities planned.  But, to hold to my commitment, this is going to be a short update....I am in between assignments of hospitals that I am covering both today...

  I have hit a plateau in my weight loss and have been frustrated.  I have set a goal for 3 weeks from now and am not  seeing it happening, even with the extra effort I have been putting in.  This week's verse is a good one for me to focus on..." Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself . Each day has enough trouble of it's own"Matthew 3:64.   I am more worried about meeting my goal in 3 weeks than I am staying focused on today's goal.  

  I have verbally told myself,over and over, that " You  have given this to God and don't you dare try to pick it back up!  Trust in your Creator to fix what you have messed up"   Today on Facebook, I came across this verse  " Unless the Lord builds the house, those who build it labor in vain" Psalm 12.    I am not a Bible expert, but I feel like God was speaking directly to me.   I have asked God to rebuild His temple in me; because my efforts have failed miserably.   I have paced my house in prayer, and reminding my self that this was a  part of  the challenge that I am not going to fail.  I am going to completely trust in God and thank Him instead of worrying about what the scale says, or how swollen my water retaining fingers feel.

  Shortly after I made the statement out loud, I went and got on the scale.  "Praise God!"  I was yelling....the weight gain was going down and my body fat was even 2% lower.  My body was starting to go thru a flush (release of water retention).   It wasn't so much the poundage reduction as it was the fat percentage reduction that almost brought me to tears.  God heard my cries and showed mercy on me.  

  Now, I feel like exercising again, my spirit feels lighter....no pun intended...but I was letting worry get to me and keeping me from honoring my God with what he was trying to do in me.  Now, if I can just remember this lesson and feeling the next time I face a similar challenge

  Dear Father, Please forgive me in the doubt and worry of what you were doing in me.  Thank you for your unending mercies.  May my lack of faith be used to help someone else see how AWESOME you are in all Your ways.  In Jesus' name , Amen.


** I have an official weigh in tomorrow before church....hope to report back with some good news!

No comments:

Post a Comment