Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Day 3 Week 2 of the Challenge

 Day 3 of Week 2 of the Challenge



  Wow, this week is proving to be harder to fit it all in.   I am struggling to find even 25 minutes to exercise.  I am having to really put the effort in the time management and  shockingly not the attitude.   I am going to push thru and get it done.  

   I am really liking the exercises that I am finding on line.  The variety is the key to keeping my attention.   I am so grateful  to Clare at Peak313.com for having a passion for exercising the body's needs along with spiritual needs and the desire to share with strangers.  Her posted videos have been a strong encouragement to me. (Did I mention that these are free!!) There are a few that I am not in good enough physical  strength to do, but gives me something to look forward to doing down the road, and another way  gauge my progress other that a scale.  

 I know I reference this website almost every time I blog, but it has impacted me that much.  I want to share with anyone who may read my posts.   It has been a blessing to me and inevitably it will be to my family also, as I get healthier and more active.   

 In 2 weeks, I am going to Virgina to watch my son play high school football for the first time.  This is his first year of getting to play.  I am so excited.  I last saw him in July and was 20 some pounds heavier.  I have set a goal for me to be down as much as I can for this next visit.   I started the weight loss program at MRC (Metabolic Research Center) right after the last visit.  He has also been an encourager, with asking me for updates after the check in appointment...surprising me, from my 17 year old son.   I know he is excited to see a smaller me.  This is part of my motivation to do well on this exercise challenge.  Short term goals seem to really motivate me more and give me a huge burst of energy to do even better.    so....hopefully I will have the confidence to post pictures from then and of this next visit to show the difference in me appearance.

  I have just enough time to fit my exercising in, go weigh in, and make it to church tonight.   

 I guess the point in this blog is....don't let "things" get in the way of your goal...and remember when you get pushed back a step or two..make sure you make the extra effort to take that next step forward. Don't let your self get stuck in life's muck... KEEP MOVING!!


   25 minutes on the elliptical 5 minutes jump rope....stretched it out in the shower...multitasking at work here



No comments:

Post a Comment