Monday, September 10, 2012

 Day 1 of Week 1



 Today is the first day of the Living and Active Challenge where Scripture meets exercise~  This morning I started with the scripture portion with Ecclesiastes 4:12. Other than changing a few words this morning, I got it down by lunch time. ( but will I remember it correctly after some sleep)   I remember that the verse is about 3 cords strands are not quickly broken to help me remember the Bible reference ( 3 x 4 = 12).  

 I did complete the 25 minutes of required exercise, but I did things I wouldn't normal do, and I enjoyed it.  Morgan and I used our new resistance bands  and did the J.LO..an exercise where we tie our feet with the bands and march, step it out, step it back and feel the burn.  We also did 3 sets of the cardio blast which works legs and abs...we had a lot of fun with that one and some more burning.  And sticking to the recommended work out, we completed those as well.  We are going to have to find a mat to do most of those, it hurt our back to lay on the floor...and we don't have carpet.  The Bent leg crunch, I cheated and did that on my ab lounger for the comfort....also, I am going to go have to start the air compressor to put a little more air in my ball before tomorrow....

 I think now I am going to go glide for a few on me elliptical to work some of the soreness out.  You can find these exercises at Peak313.com under the exercise tab.  

 As for the diet, I am having the usual for dinner, a egg, 40 cal slice of toast, and 2 oz. of cheese.  Tomorrow  it will be grilled chicken and broccoli.  I am staying true to the MRC diet that is working for me. 

  Lord, Thank you for the opportunity for a do over.  Thank you for the distraction from work so that I didn't have an excuse, if I had wanted to try.  I ask that you stay on top of me, and not give me rest until I fulfill my part in this reconstruction of Your temple.  Thank you for the opportunity to participate in something that is so much fun (at this point) and the opportunity to Glorify You to others. May I continue to be used to plant Your seed and the Holy Spirit make those seeds blossom.   In Jesus name. Amen

  
  I think some of these exercises I will be able to do while sitting at my desk working....hmmmm something to look in to tomorrow.  



  and just threw in another 45 minutes just because it felt good and was fun..time for shower and bed now....





No comments:

Post a Comment