Thursday, September 6, 2012



  So, it has been over a year since I have been on this blog, and God has been busy with me!    I believe He is actively reconstructing me, repairing the damage that sin has brought on physically, financially, and spiritually.

  So, it all started when my pay was reduced by 40 % and continues to decline.  I am a contract coder and I usually get paid per chart.  I made most of my money doing ER charts ( they are easy and I am a fast reader and can type fast).  When the contract expired the hospital didn't need us any more due to restructuring how they were using their own resources.  So, I was re-assigned to other hospitals doing harder charts...which means: they take longer to code,much more reading and less productivity.   Now I have been assigned some work that I am paid hourly....further reduction in pay.

 The next hit was the cost of fuel, cattle, hay and feed...No one gets rich by farming, that is an understatement if I ever heard one.   My paychecks could usually supplement the higher costs, but, not anymore.

 What I am learning from this is a wonderful lesson from our Father...I was prideful on MY paycheck and we were depending more on it ( money) than we were in the Lord to be our provider.   God did continue to provide for us, even in our grumbling and worry; His mercy was renewed to us while we are so undeserving.

 My old flesh self kicked in, where I was trying to work more hours and make as much as possible.  I never once, totally gave it to God.   I continued to skip meals, fill up on Coke for caffeine and totally finished off trashing my metabolism.  I heard of a quick weight loss plan advertised on the radio and of course I can do this for the 30 days before my vacation.....
     I gain 30 pounds on this quick fix!

 While on vacation, I got to relax and focus on my kids and God....I got to see how I was stressing over financial issues and was neglecting the loves in my life.

  I really missed the closeness I had with my Father and I wanted it back!  I realized that I had not taken a look in the mirror at myself in such a long time, the weight gain was shocking.   I knew I had gain crazy weight, but didn't see it, because I only saw from my chest up.  I was mortified that I had let myself go so horribly and was so focused on making enough money to cover the bills.  It was also time to take a long spiritual look too!

  I am rebuilding my relationship with God, I put Him on the back burner while I was taking care of  "life"  He is now first and foremost in my life.     So, while I am getting back on track....our Gracious Creator is reconstructing me!

  I have joined Metabolic Research Center and actively losing weight.  In 7 weeks I have lost 18.5 pounds and total  21 1/4 inches.  I will not take any credit, for it is God who is doing this thru me.  He has taken the cravings for sugar and caffeine  (almost) completely away, and allowing my body to respond to the new eating lifestyle. I have learned about emotional eating and what to look for.  I find my comfort in prayer not Reese Peanut butter cups.  I finally eat 3 meals a day and take my vitamins.  Now to conquer the exercising on a more consistent basis and learn to find joy in it.   But....I will do it for the Glory of our Father and give thanks for a new building permit!

  My husband and I have taken our eyes off the checkbook balance and now direct them to the One who is the true provider and together we strive to be better stewards of what he allows up to use.  

  Thank you Lord, for never leaving me as I was slowly fading away...and thank You for reminding me how much I love having a relationship with you.

  Stay tune for further updates on this new re-construction project  ~~



 

 So....this is a before picture of the pre re-construction...stay tune for updates.

No comments:

Post a Comment