Sunday, September 9, 2012

Living and Active


 So, tomorrow is Monday and I am looking forward to it!  That is right, I am looking forward to a Monday.  I have signed up to participate in a 5 week challenge to exercise for 4 days along with learn a new Bible verse every week; and both of these I find very difficult to do.   The great thing about this, is I can do it right from my home, on my time and my choice of exercises....as long as I do it for 25 minutes. The challenger, Mrs. Clare, will even be posting some routines for the participants to do.

   The verse that has been selected for us this week is: Ecclesiastes 4:12.  "Though one may be overpowered, two can defend themselves.  A cord of three strands is not quickly broken." I am very excited that I found this at this time in my life.  I love what Mrs. Clare says about why she selected this verse  (paraphrased)   That we are stronger with 3 interwoven, and as God as the first strand, we can do this.  Find you someone to keep you motivated in this challenge along with God and you will make your goal.

 Though I still don't like to exercise, I am going to use this as the Lord showing His mercy and helping work in my life changes.  He has never left me and was already at work in helping achieve the goals I have set toward the new me before I was ready to do anything about it.    As you can see on my previous post, I have been putting off taking care of myself for a long time.  I finally have the right motivation and tools to do what needs to be done.  

 Here is the link to the challenge: http://peak313.com
  Also you can follow on Facebook and Twitter at  Peak313,  post to Twitter #Livingandactive


So, here is what I have done to prepare for the challenge:

  •  Predetermined  a set time to exercise and told my family this is a "DO NOT DISTURB" time frame
  • I will select a verse Sunday night to know what I will focus on as soon as I wake up on Monday
  • Making flash cards to put my verse all around my house and will add to the reminder posts every week
  • I am already on a weight loss program and it is working, just needed to add the exercise portion, will continue to follow it just as I have....
  • I have purchased suggested exercise tools ( resistance bands, new jump rope, etc) to have whatever I may need to complete this challenge
  • Recruited my 10 year old to be my accountability pardner ( she loves to tell on me when I do good or bad and plants a seed in her for a better lifestyle)
  •   I have shared my plans with as many friends as possible so that I may be more motivated to show result
So, with those preparations already in place, it is time for me to get a good nights sleep so that I may give it my full effort tomorrow.

 My short term goal is to lose 15 pounds in the next 5 weeks.  If God blesses me with more weight loss than that, you will defiantly be reading His Praises from me!   So, I guess I will also be reporting my weight loss along with my weekly workouts....



  The following is an extra verse I am going to keep as a motivator in my challenge.  It was the basis of the beginning of the challenge


 “For the word of God is living and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart"
 Hebrews 4:12


ps....Morgan and I have already took a sneak peek at tomorrows exercises...."Challenge" is an understatement, but we are going to get many laughs together....by week 5, we will be ready for week 6.



No comments:

Post a Comment