Tuesday, September 11, 2012

 Living and Active: Day 2 of challenge 


  I have to admit, I found myself  looking forward to exercising again today.  This, my friends, can only be an act of the one true God.   I don't like to exercise, but here I am wanting to do it.  He has done in a work in me by changing my attitude in doing something I normally would find any excuse to get out of.

  I will make this entry a short and sweet one due to, I still have to make my family their dinner and my separate meal.  They are having hamburgers tonight, while I am having grilled chicken and broccoli.

 My workout was 30 minutes on my elliptical, 50 sit ups,  and a beginning of a rotational arm work out .  I haven't worked my arms in many years...that is why it was a beginning.  I also found ways to fit some arm workouts in my day with my resistance bands at my desk.

 I have to confess, I feel better even after just one day of exercising and starting my day off with scripture.  I even got a chuckle out of my daughter today when I was quizzing her about her homework.  Morgan asked me to recite my Bible verse.  I was able to give it to her.

  Tomorrow, I go weigh in at MRC for my 1 of my 2 weekly checks.  They won't believe me when I tell them the amount of time I have exercised this week.

 I am so grateful to God for sending me to the Peak313.com site...ps I found her on Pintrest~ and for Clare, for initiating this challenge.  In less than a week, my heart has changed, as will my life from this point on.  I have found that exercise can be fun, if I break out of the box.  I don't have to join a gym, I can use the comfort of my own house and learn new moves thru my new personal trainer at Peak 313.  Most of her exercises seem to be found on U Tube.

  Dear Father, thank you for this day and the hidden blessings you had scattered through out my day.   I just had to look for them; so thru obedience and some just by opening my eyes.  I don't have the words to tell you of the gratitude I have for the change in my attitude, but You already know my heart.  Thank you Lord for your Grace and unconditional Love that you show us daily.

 Oh and by the way...yes I was sore this morning, and even more sore post workout....but it is so worth it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment