Monday, October 1, 2012

Update for week 3 Peak 313 challenge



Update for week 3~

  Wow, it it really the end of week 3 and beginning of week 4 already!  This is the longest I have committed to an exercise of any sort since I was in my 20s.  Week 3 was another crazy week for us,so...we continued on with the multitasking exercising.  

  I had so many irons in the fire this week, but yet...I am really much more sore now than I was the first week of exercising.  The new move I added was doing round house karate kicks as I moved thru the house...

 I struggled with the verse this week...I think it was more because of the Word was more convicting of me this week and my sinful nature didn't want me to make it mine.   I still have it on my desk to make sure it stays in my heart and not just memorized. It took me until Sunday night to say it without having to look.   

 Saturday I got to have a lot of fun with my niece, Sister ( n-law) and my daughter...we went to our local corn maze...do I get extra credit for 4 hours of exercise....between the jumping pillow and all the walking....I could barely walk Sunday.

 For my diet, I was put on a special menu to try to bump me out to this plateau I am in.  I have only lost about 1 pound this week, but still retaining water.....however...I have gone from a size 18 to a size 10 (sorta...I can zip them with out having to lay down..but not too comfortable to wear...) since I started at Metabolic Research Center's weight loss clinic in July and my BMI has gone down.  I have to really focus on  who is doing this remodeling of my body...this is where this verse really hits home.  I really can not do anything with out God being in control and totally giving Him my burden.  I will not take credit for this loss, and I felt a little too much pride welling up. ( plus..I have 30 more pounds to go)

This week...I am going to be traveling from Alabama to Virginia to go watch my son play football.   So, my diet and exercises are going to have to be a little more creative this weekend~  I am sure I can find many things to do in Richmond.  

 I have had so much fun with Clare's J.Lo exercise;  I have caught myself walking like I have resistance bands on my feet.  I love to do those Monday thru Friday while I am working at my desk along with a cardiac blast to re-energize myself; instead of reaching for a snack or caffeine. I work both arms and legs while working and do the cardio on the elliptical 3 nights  a week.   I was trying to work my triceps with one of her U Tube exercises, but my band was too short..and back to the sporting goods store....Now I am ready.  My sister in law and I have been encouraging each other with the exercises via the phone and texting...I am really blessed to have her to encourage me.   I am averaging about 40 minutes of exercise a day 3 days a week and 30 minutes on the off days...WOW!  something big time has changed in me...or more like....something GOD sized has moved in me...because honestly...it had to take an act of God to make me exercise in the first place.....

 


            This is our local corn maze web address if anyone is from the Headland, Al area.    Best non-exercise feeling exercise I have done in a long time.

Yes, this is me jumping on the air pillow with my daughter....the bonus of being overweight....you can jump really high and knock the scoffers down....  We had a great time together.
 
  

No comments:

Post a Comment