Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Following thru but, not for the right reasons

   An Update for week 4


  Wow what a couple weeks I have had.   My eyes were opened up to A LOT of my short comings and I was devastated.   But first, I want to share the good news that lead me up to the bad news.

 I went to visit my son in Richmond, Virgina a couple of weeks ago, and that was the last time I checked in for the the Peak 313 challenge.  The time I got to spend with my son was nothing short of feeling God's love. I quickly realized that He planned this and put it all together for me.  

 My son didn't get to play (and that was the main reason I had to go, was to watch him play).   Just watching him come out on the field was enough for me.  As I was buying my ticket and walking in to the stadium, an aunt, that I love dearly and can talk to for hours, called.  I was so over come with emotion that my throat closed up and I literally couldn't talk.  I had to hang up and text her my explanation, while fighting tears of pride, excitement and love that only a parent can explain. I was getting to see MY SON! play football on Friday night for the first time.  

 Here is some back ground on the different states:  At the age of 12 he decided to go move to Virgina with his dad to establish a relationship with him.   My son and I have a very close relationship and he wanted that with his dad also....so now I only get to see him a couple weeks in the summer and when ever school schedules work out for a random Christmas visit.  

  The game itself was wonderful, but God even threw a bonus in there for me.   My son is also dating my best friend's, from my military days, daughter.  They came to watch him play also.  So, it was a wonderful reunion.  His team even came back from trailing the entire game to win in the last minute of play and the defense was able to hold the opponent at the goal line to win by 3. I was defiantly was quoting lines from "Facing Giants"  like Brick Wall! Brick Wall.....One more down!! ( my daughter turned to me and said I have watched that moving too much)

 The next day our two families met at the State Fair and enjoyed some wonderful time together.  Sunday morning, in my quiet time with God, I realized then that He set this all up just for me.  I felt His love wrapped around me all weekend and was just soaking in it, watching my kids sleep in our hotel room

  I was able to stick to the Metabolic Research Center's meal plans I have been on since my last visit up there, even taking the kids to eat pizza and my favorite food group...fair food....I lost 1.5 pounds while on this trip.  I was able to keep up with the exercises for the week also.

 Here comes to the bad:

  While wanting to share my happiness with my family and tagging my group in our pictures and location on Facebook...I accidentally  tagged someone that wasn't there.  This caused a ripple with my husbands family and an early morning phone call to my husband.   So, when I got the phone call while on the road and about 12 hours from my home, I was trying to figure out what was going on...so there went on my happiness from the previous two days.  I sorta went on an internet fast, except for my work.  

 During this period, I try to focus on how I could have prevented this, and handle the situation better.   Trust me!  I handled this so badly, that, this is the exact behavior the enemy loves and uses, especially with non-believers...who claim to be Christians and refuse to go to church because of hypocrites. My words were twisted and apology was never heard in the retelling of the incident.  

 I realized that I was more concerned at what my father-in -law thought of me, than I was of what my Heavenly Father thought of me at that moment.   I was/am crushed.   I could blame it on sleep deprivation, shock, hurt, or any number of things...but what it boiled down to was, I failed in my test to show how I am any different from the secular world.   

 I also realized that my dedication  in the exercise challenge was the competitive nature in me....So, as I was praying, it came to me that I need to forfeit by not checking in.  This was very difficult for me. But, for me to follow thru with the actions and requirements of this challenge and not take credit of  "how good I am doing" and just do it for the right reasons.  

  I am not going to imply that God told me not to check in, but putting aside the "how good I am"  "Yay Me!" mentality was a lesson I needed to put in check.   Now! I am doing if for His glory alone; as He is rebuilding my temple.   

 I thank Clare at Peak313.com for showing me some fun exercises that I have been able to enjoy these past 4 weeks and I am still going to finish strong on week 6,7, and 8. I have learned more scripture than I have in the past as the Bible has it written, not in my words.   My exercising, these past few weeks just have taken a different role than what the challenge was about.   I am exercising more the "sitting still and knowing He is God" muscle and leaning on Him and not myself.  Without this challenge, it may have take a lot longer for me to learn this.


 Oct 6, 2012  with my daughter

June 25, 2012 with my son
 Weight loss update!  I have lost 25.5 pounds as of today  ( half way to my goal)  


    Dear Father,  I thank you for your promise that You will use what was meant for evil for Your Glory,  Thank you Father for Jesus,  for when  I fail you, He had already paid the price and I am found faultless in Your eyes.  Thank you Father, for allowing the sanctification process, where we grow in our short comings as we listen to You, our Teacher, as you show us where we fail.  In Jesus' name, I love You



2 comments:

  1. I can relate to several things in this post! I'm so thankful that God can use us and loves us even though we fail so miserably sometimes! Congrats on your weight loss so far, I look forward to following along!

    ReplyDelete