Saturday, April 23, 2011

Reflections from Good Friday

  I have been reflecting on what Good Friday means.  I still tear up thinking that Jesus had to die for our sins, carry that load alone and suffer as God had turned his head during all this.   I had added so much to that burden.  I was/am an expert at sinning.  Look at the list of the 10 commandments....I can check off every one of those.  Nothing to be proud of, and yet I thought I was still a good person.  If someone was to tell me differently, I could have argued my point tirelessly.  What I didn't realize, Satan is the best deceiver out there...I always said...if you going to do something, do it right.

  Good Friday, the day we observe that Jesus was crucified.  He was without sin so that he could take the place of us for our punishment.  We deserved that beating and hanging and so much more.   He was betrayed by his closest followers, and knew all along they would do what they did, and even told His followers that they would. I still to this day can not understand that kind of love.  I question myself...would I die for Jesus, if I had a way out?  I would love to know with 100% certainty that I would...but would I? I know that if  I was to be asked if I am a Christian or told to renounce Him as Lord,  that  I could stand up for Him.  I am pretty hard headed and hold my ground..I can be defiant when told to do or say something I don't believe is right...but would I be doing it to glorify God or just being me?

No comments:

Post a Comment