Sunday, April 24, 2011

A can to the head could be a message from God

  Wow, packed house at Mt Gilead Baptist in Dothan, AL, and Brother Bradley was right on the money again this week.  He demonstrated how God crushed Jesus to be our scapegoat and our sacrifice.  He crushed a pop/soda/coke can ( as politically correct as I get) to show then stomped it flat and kicked it....Just as God had done to Jesus on that cross.  When he kicked it, my husband had a sudden thought...what if it hits me in the head.  When he shared that with me, I told him it wouldn't from Bro. Bradley, it would be a message from God.
  Why do we need to be hit upside the head to get God's messages?  In our house, we call those 2X4 moments....because we are so hard headed, that God needs to take one upside our heads sometimes.  I have a real problem of waiting for God, I see/need something, I pray about it, then I go blindly into the situation, and not wait on God to respond.  In reality, I am telling God that I don't trust you to fix or take care of the situation.   I think about when my son or daughter asks for help and then proceeds to go on with out my direction...I get so frustrated and wonder why they bothered me with it in the first place....I wonder if that is how God feels with me...I have been getting a little better with not stressing out over situations that don't go how I planned it to go.  I use that as a hint from the Holy Spirit to pray, and it works.  When I feel the need to go out on my own again...I pray again.  I still struggle, but pray more often, and hopefully I am not making a mess of what God had in mind for me.  Thankfully, God has a plan for me and a rework to bring me back to the blessing He intended for me.  He made me and knew exactly how I would handle problems and exactly how long it will take me to figure out that I have messed it up entirely. He may actually get so frustrated that He sends a kicked can at my head, and it would be a blessing. 

 So, thanks to God, my husband did not take a crushed soft drink can to the head in church this morning, and I have not had to have too many 2X4s lately.  I feel like the extra talks with my Father is paying off, because, I feel more at peace now then I did before the constant time in prayer.

 Thank you, Jesus, for taking my punishment and providing me a relationship with your, and now my, Father.

No comments:

Post a Comment